The Call for [email protected] is Approaching!
- April 3rd, 2020
- Comments Off on The Call for [email protected] is Approaching!
Organized by the International Federation for Information Technology and Travel & Tourism (IFITT), the annual ENTER conference provides a unique venue for researchers, industry representatives, government officials, students and entrepreneurs to come together and share, discuss and challenge the latest developments in information technology in the fields of travel and tourism.
[email protected] calls for the latest research and case studies on emergent and cutting-edge ICT concepts, applications, and business models to be shared in the conference.
The research papers are divided into four major topic areas that all contribute to our capabilities in developing more responsible information and communication technology (ICT) in tourism: Technologies in e-Tourism, Tourist Behavior and Experiences, Marketing and Management in Tourism Industry and Governance, Sustainability and Education. In addition, there is an open Call for Special Sessions and a research track in Chinese language.
The issues to be covered at the conference include, but are not limited to, the following topic areas:
Repercussions of COVID-19 on e-Tourism
• Digital Strategies for Business Recovery
• Destination Recovery and Resilience
• IT Solutions for Crisis Management in Response to a Pandemic in Tourism
• Analysis of Tourist Mobility
• Any Other Topics Related to COVID-19 and e-Tourism
Technologies in e-Tourism
• Recommender Systems and Personalization
• Artificial Intelligence, Robotics and Automation
• Machine Learning and Deep Learning
• Mobile, Location-based and Context-aware Systems
• Augmented and Virtual Reality
• Wearables and Internet-of-Things
• Semantic Web, Tourism Ontologies and Linked Open Data
• Data Analytics, Data Mining and Big Data Analysis
• Data Management and Visualization
• Data Standards and Data Integration
• Sentiment Analysis and Personality-based Systems
• Blockchain Applications
• Emerging Technologies
Tourist Behavior and Experiences
• ICT and Tourism Experiences
• ICT Adoption and Use
• User Modeling and Decision Making
• Group Decision Making
• Social Media and Social Networks
• Information Search and Travel Planning
• Human-Computer Interaction
• Gaming and Gamification
• Digital Nomads
Marketing and Management in e-Tourism
• Website & APP Design and Evaluation
• Tourism Economy and e-Commerce
• Advanced Distribution Systems and Strategies
• Dynamic Packaging
• Digital and Social Media Marketing
• e-CRM & Review Management
• Sharing Economy, Platform Business and Collaborative Partnership
• Digital Distribution and Social Selling
• e-Business Models, Strategy and Impact
• Crisis Management
• Yield Management
• Tourism Strategic Competitiveness
• Service Design and User Experience
Governance, Sustainability and Education
• Smart Cities and Destinations
• Corporate Social Responsibility, Sustainability and Climate Change
• Responsible ICT in Tourism
• ICT and Wellbeing
• ICT for Regional Development and Sustainability
• ICT-enabled Partnership and Collaboration
• Education and e-Learning
• Life-long Learning and MOOCs
• E-Government and Public Policy in Tourism
• Digital Divide and Socio-economic Development
• Privacy and Internet Security
• Legal, Ethical and Social Aspects of ICT
We invite research papers across the wide spectrum of Information and Communication Technologies in Travel and Tourism to be presented at the ENTER2021 conference. Full papers should be innovative, so to advance the knowledge-base of eTourism research. These papers present major contributions to the field. Papers should clearly state the background, introduction, purpose, theory, methodology, results, conclusions, and be fully referenced with appropriate citations.
- Key topics for papers
- The authors of accepted full papers will have the opportunity to present their research remotely at ENTER2021.
- An award for the best full papers will be presented during the conference.
- All accepted full papers will be included in the digital conference proceedings published by Springer International Publishing with Open Access.
- The paper length should be up to 12 pages in the Springer format.
Short papers (research notes) are intended for highly promising findings of original and unpublished research ideas and preliminary results. The evaluation of short papers will be based on originality and (potential) importance rather than maturity or completed evaluation.
- Key topics for papers
- The authors of accepted short papers will have the opportunity to present their research remotely at ENTER2021. However, the presentation time will be shorter as compared to full paper presentations.
- An award for the best short paper will be presented during the conference.
- All accepted short papers will be included in the digital conference proceedings published by Springer International Publishing with Open Access.
- The paper length should be up to 5 pages in the Springer format.
We invite members of the e-Tourism community to organize a special session at ENTER2021. A special session can be a virtual “mini-conference” on a focused topic where organizers can manage their own review and publication process, a discussion-oriented workshop with unpublished position papers, or an exploratory session with novel interaction formats, for example. Please contact the research track chairs if you want to organize a special session at ENTER2021.
The ENTER2021 pre-conference event provides a unique opportunity for postgraduate (doctoral) students to interactively present and discuss their research with peers and leading scholars in the field. This workshop will give participants the opportunity to improve their research idea, proposal, and structure of their work in a critical but supportive environment. Postgraduate students at all stages (i.e. beginning as well as nearly completed) are encouraged to participate.
Submit your research proposals for our review and feedback, using the Workshop Author Advice as a template. A research proposal should have a maximum length of five A4 sized-pages and should typically include the following headings:
- Problem statement
- Literature review
- Conceptual framework
- Proposed methodology
- Expected results
In your submission, please indicate the stage of your study (e.g., thinking about it, just beginning the process, completed proposal, accepted the proposal.) After the review process, students will be notified about the result and provided recommendations for improvement. Optional, accepted proposals can be made available as an e-book to workshop participants before the workshop and published on the IFITT website. The short oral presentation will be held during the PhD workshop.
Guidelines and Important Dates for All Submissions
All paper submissions should be prepared in Word or LaTeX according to the Springer proceedings guidelines. Please be aware that plagiarized papers will not be accepted for ENTER2021 and the content originality of all papers will be checked using an automated tool. All submissions to the research track are rigorously evaluated for novelty, significance, and soundness. The peer-review process is double-blind; all submissions must not include information identifying the authors or their affiliations. All submissions and reviews will be handled electronically through the EasyChair submission site, the link will be provided soon.
- Submission closes: August 31st, 2020
- Notification of acceptance: October 9th, 2020
- Deadline to submit camera-ready version: October 23rd, 2020
- Final acceptance: October 28th, 2020
- Registration deadline for paper authors to be included in the conference proceedings: to be determined
- End of Early Bird registration: to be determined
All deadlines refer to 23:59 (11:59 pm) in the AoE (Anywhere on Earth) time zone. Conference organizers reserve the right to modify the paper submission schedule.
Research Track Chairs
- Wolfgang Wörndl, TU Munich, Germany ([email protected])
- Chulmo Koo, Kyung Hee University, South Korea ([email protected])
- Jason Stienmetz, MODUL University Vienna, Austria ([email protected])
PhD Workshop Chairs
- Berta Ferrer-Rosell, University of Lleida, Spain ([email protected])
- Sai Liang, Nankai University, China ([email protected])
- Frederick Dayour, Simon Diedong Dombo University of Business and Integrated Development Studies, Wa, Ghana ([email protected])
Thank you for your interest in the ENTER2021 conference.