IFITTtalk Workshop on “AI, Robots, and Automation in Tourism” will take place from 17 to 18 October 2019, in Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan.
This event aims to discuss the advancement, applications, and implications of artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, and automation in the tourism and hospitality industry. The main [email protected] workshop will be held on Thursday, 17 October 2019. Topics that we aim to discuss include, but are not limited to:
- AI and customer engagement
- Robots and service management
- Automation and its implications on human resource management
- AI and its implications on information management, finance, etc. in tourism businesses
- Impacts of AI on tourism education
- Impacts of AI on future labor market
- Intersection of AI, Big Data, and Internet-of-Things (IoT) in tourism
On the 1st day, presentations will be organized in multiple ways: research presentations, moderated panel discussions with multiple short presentations, and a focused work group discussion to identify strategic areas for future research in AI, robotics, and automation in tourism and hospitality services.
Call for Participation
Scholars from various disciplines at all career stages, including graduate students, are invited to submit a 500-words abstract by 30th September 2019.
The event is free for all presenters, IFITT members, and IT Consortium Kyoto members. The registration fee for the workshop is JPY 2,000 for other workshop participants.
Latest Agenda (2019/09/16): Click here
Registration Link (including the audience as well): Click here
- Please register to join this event via the above link.
- The payment system is now preparing.
- We will send an email to your registered address if there are any updates on this page.
Keynote and Panel Discussion (Afternoon both days):
- [Day#1] Keynote 1: Takahira Yamaguchi, Keio University, Japan – “A User-Centric Platform PRINTEPS to Develop Intelligent Robot Applications”
- [Day#1] Keynote 2: Qiang Ma, Kyoto University , Japan – “Sightseeing Informatics”
- [Day#2] Keynote 3: Tatsuki Miura, H.I.S. Co., Ltd. – “About the current situation of Henn-na Hotel and the space tourism in H.I.S.”
- [Day#2] Keynote 4: Noriyasu Taniguchi, Expedia, Inc. – “About the revenue management support tool”
Welcome Reception (the 1st day): After the keynote and panel discussion on Oct 17, we will hold a welcome reception open for all participants. The additional fee for the reception is required (JPY 3,000) [revised price].
Contact – Please submit your abstract and inquiries to:
Dr. Hisashi Masuda, Graduate School of Management, Kyoto University
Email: [email protected]
* This program is supported by a subsidy from Kyoto City and the Kyoto Convention and Visitors Bureau.