eTourism: Development Opportunities and Challenges in an Unpredictable World
Nankai University in Tianjin, China / January, 2021
(This page will be updated on a continuous basis)
ENTER2021 eTourism Conference will be held at Nankai University in Tianjin, China in late January 2021. Since 1994 ENTER has brought together leading academics and industry professionals in travel and technology to serve as a platform showcasing cutting-edge research and development in eTourism. With the theme “eTourism: Development Opportunities and Challenges in an Unpredictable World”, ENTER2021 will focus on exploring ways technology can be used to create positive impacts on society, environment, and economy within the context of travel and tourism.
Cihan Cobanoglu, Vice President of IFITT and Professor at University of South Florida, and Hanqin Qiu, IFITT board member and Dean of School of Tourism and Services at Nankai University, co-serve as overall chairs for ENTER2021.
(In the event that the conventional, face-to-face conference can not happen, ENTER 2021 will be held virtually)
ENTER2021 calls for the latest research and case studies on emergent and cutting-edge ICT concepts, applications, and business models to be shared at the conference. In addition to regular research papers, the research track invites research notes, late-breaking results and demo papers. Besides, there is an open Call for Special Sessions and a research track in Chinese language. The issues to be covered at the conference include, but are not limited to, the following topic areas:
- Repercussions of COVID-19 on e-Tourism
- Technologies in e-Tourism
- Tourist Behavior and Experiences
- Marketing and Management in Tourism Industry
- Governance, Sustainability and Education
- Submission closes: 31st August, 2020
- Notification of Acceptance/Rejection/Revision: 31st October, 2020
ENTER2021 research track chairs
- Wolfgang Wörndl, TU Munich, Germany ([email protected])
- Chulmo Koo, Kyung Hee University, South Korea ([email protected])
- Hui Li, Nankai University, China ([email protected])
The ENTER2021 pre-conference event provides the unique opportunity for postgraduate (doctoral) students to interactively present and discuss their research with peers and leading scholars in the field. Postgraduate students at all stages (i.e. beginning as well as nearly completed) are encouraged to participate. This full-day workshop will give participants the opportunity to improve their research idea, proposal and structure of their work in a critical but supportive environment. PhD workshop participants can apply for ICT4D scholarship and the outstanding proposals will receive awards. Journal editors will provide input on how to write and submit articles to leading academic journals. All the ENTER conference participants can attend PhD workshop at free of charge.
- Submission closes: 15th September, 2020.
- Notification of Acceptance/Rejection/Revision: 15th October, 2020
ENTER2021 PhD workshop chairs
- Sai Liang, Nankai University, China ([email protected])
- Jason L. Stienmetz, Modul University, Austria ([email protected])
- Berta Ferrer-Rosell, University of Lleida, Spain ([email protected],)
More Information is Coming Soon! Looking Forward to See You in Nankai!