IFITT awards 2014
IFITT Outstanding Industry Contribution Award
The Award is given to enterprises that make a significant contribution to the growth and success of technology adoption, integration, or use in the tourism industry.
– Small Enterprises: Australian Tourism Data Warehouse
– Medium and Large Enterprises: Google
IFITT Innovative Destination’ Award
The Award is given to the most innovative DMO of the year.
– Tourism Bureau of Taiwan
IFITT Hannes Werthner Tourism and Technology Lifetime Achievement Award
The Hannes Werthner Tourism and Technology Lifetime Achievement Award is given to an individual from academia, industry or government who has made significant contributions to the advancement in the field of tourism and technology.
– The winner of 2014 is Pauline Sheldon from the University of Hawaii.
IFITT Thesis Excellence Award
The Thesis Excellence Award awarded students who successfully defended their theses in the field of tourism and technology between October 1, 2012 and September 30, 2013.
1. Amina Reimann who presented his thesis on ” Hotel Mobile Applications: Analysing the State-Of-The-Art and Proposing a Concept”.
2. Anna Schild who presented her thesis on “Augmented Reality as Advertising Tool: Perceived Value and its effects provided by AR-enriched traditional print advertisement in the Tourism Industry”
3. Emre Ronay for her thesis about “NFC Smart City: Cities of the Future: Application of a Scenario Method and a Complex System Framework to Illuminate the Uncertain Future of Tourism Destinations”.
1. Elena Marchiori who presented her thesis “Destination Reputation in Online Media: Covered Topics and Perceived Online Dominant Opinion”
2. Silvia de Ascaniis who presented her thesis on “Destination Online Travel Reviews: An Argumentative and Textual Genre Perspective”
3. Anastasia Mariussen who presented her thesis “A Grounded Theory of Affiliate Marketing Performance Measurement in Tourism and Hospitality”.
IFITT Journal Paper of the Year Award 2014
1. Germann Molz, J. and Paris, C.M. (2013). Social Affordances of Flashpacking: Exploring the Mobility Nexus of Travel and Communication. Mobilities, 24(1).
2. Park, S., Nicolau, J.L. and Fesenmaier, D.R. (2013). Assessing Advertising in a Hierarchical Decision Model.Annals of Tourism Research, 40, 260-282.
3. Nicolau, J.L. and Santa-María, M.J. (2013). The Effect of Innovation on Hotel Market Value. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 32.71-79.
IFITT Best Paper Award 2014
1. Matthias Fuchs, Wolfram Höpken, Alexander Eybl and Andreas Flöck. “Online Auctions for Selling Accommodation Packages – A Readiness-Intensity-Impact Analysis”
2. Jeongmi Jamie Kim and Daniel R. Fesenmaier. “Measuring Emotions in Real Time: Implications for Tourism Design”.
3. Roland Schegg and Miriam Scaglione. “Substitution Effects across Hotel Distribution Channels”.
IFITT Best PhD Proposal Award 2014
1. Yeongbae Choe. “Why do Travellers Change their Trip? Effects of Information, Situation, and Individual Factors”.
2. Seyed Shahabeddin Pourfakhimi Abarghouei. “The Impact of Users’ “Online Reviews” and “Ratings” on Consumers’ Behaviour toward Hotel Selection Factors”
3. Barbara Neuhofer. “The Technology Enhanced Tourist Experience”.