The IFITT AGM 2018, which will take place during ENTER2018 eTourism Conference on the 24th of January, 2018, starting at 15:30 and closing at 18:00 (Slight schedule changes are possible). Hereafter the agenda:
- Welcome & Identification of quorum
- Approval of protocol of last AGM (available in the Members Area)
- Report on activities 2017 *
- Statements of accounting & report of auditors 2017
- Discharge of board members and auditors
- Budget 2018
- Elections of President, board members and auditors
* Between agenda item 3 and 4, we’ll devote approximately one hour to group discussions covering some strategic issues for IFITT. Namely: Education, Future of ENTER, IFITTtalk, Next Gen, Relations between academia and industry (How to improve quality and quantity of contribution by industry members?), Services to members.
Group discussions will be led by a board member, who will then briefly present to the plenary the main outcomes of the discussion.
Such “crowd-sourced” ideas will be particularly useful to inform the future directions of the association.
As you know, according to our Articles of Association, we need to (re-)elect IFITT board members.
Articles of Association:
11 The Board
11.1 The Board shall comprise of 9 members including:
- President (Obmann)
- along with six further Board members
- and up to a maximum of five co-opted members
11.2 Officers shall remain in office for two years. They can be re-elected for an additional 2 year term. Thereafter they cannot stand for election for a minimum of 1 year.
During ENTER2018 Conference, the re-election of available current board members and/or election of new ones will take place. Please, see hereafter the current situation:
Current IFITT Board 2017
|End the 1st mandate:|
|Jean-Claude Morand||Industry and Destination ambassador||Jan 2016 – Jan 2018||Can stand for re-election|
|Marianna Sigala||Members’ benefits and IFITT Education||Jan 2016 – Jan 2018||Can stand for re-election|
|Oriol Miralbell||Director of IFITT national chapters||Jan 2016 – Jan 2018||Resigned|
|End the 2nd mandate:|
|Lorenzo Cantoni||President||Jan 2014 – Jan 2018||Cannot be re-elected|
|Matthias Fuchs||Director of Education||Jan 2014 – Jan 2018||Cannot be re-elected|
|Zheng Xiang||Research and Awards Director||Jan 2014 – Jan 2018||Cannot be re-elected|
Continue until AGM 2019:
|Wolfram Hopken||Vice President and Treasurer||Jan 2017 – Jan 2019||Continue|
|Brigitte Stangl||Responsible for IFITTtalk||Jan 2015 – Jan 2019||Continue|
|Jamie Murphy||MOOCs||Jan 2016 – Jan 2018||Co-opted|
|Paul Baron||Destination and Industry||Jan 2016 – Jan 2018||Co-opted|
|Eduardo Santander||Destination and Industry||Jan 2016 – Jan 2018||Not available for renewal|
|Lidija Lalicic||Next Generation Director||Jan 2017 – Jan 2019||Co-opted|
|Steve Hood||Relations with Industry||Jan 2017 – Jan 2019||Co-opted|
- 4 new board members must be elected (including President)
- 2 board members can stand for re-election
- 1 board member resigned, and 1 is not available for renewal
- All IFITT members can stand for election for the position of an ordinary board member
IFITT Board Candidates:
- Iis Tussyadiah, University of Surrey, applying for the position of President.
- Claudia Brözel, University for Sustainable Development Eberswalde, applying for the position of Director of Education.
- Irem Önder, MODUL University Vienna, applying for the position of Research and Awards Director.
- Estela Mariné-Roig, University of Lleida, applying for the position of Regular Board member.
Please notice: the time for application has expired.
In order to make sure that all IFITT members can know in advance who is standing for election or re-election, we invite new candidates to notify their interest to the election committee via email: email@example.com
As part of the AGM, this year there will be a workshop with six groups (composed of all AGM participants) to discuss and exchange ideas about the following topics:
- IFITT next Genertion
- IFITT relationships with Academia and Industry
- IFITT education
- Future of ENTER Conferences
- Services to IFITT members
More information on the workshop will be presented directly at the AGM. Feel free to bring your great ideas at the Annual General Meeting!
Such notifications should include:
- Indication of the position for which you are applying (president / ordinary board member / both)
- A short CV (200-300 words) and a digital profile photo
- A motivation for standing for the IFITT Board and key areas of contribution (a few lines)
- Additionally, you need two IFITT members supporting (confirmation by email) your application.
Deadline for sending your applications is 15 December 2017. Available candidates will be featured in the IFITT website and on an IFITT newsletter. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The IFITT Election Committee