Please download the requirements for the bidding of the ENTER2018 conference
Deadline for proposals: 30 June, 2016.
ENTER Conference is an annual event of the International Federation for Information Technology and Travel & Tourism (IFITT).
ENTER is the tourism and technology annual event that offers a worldwide and unique forum for attendees from academia, industry, government, and other organizations to actively exchange, share, and challenge state-of-the-art research and industrial case studies on the application of information and communication technologies to travel and tourism (eTourism). ENTER offers three tracks, namely: Research, Destinations and Industry, which are designed to enable maximum exchange of information and interaction.
IFITT awards the rights of implementing the ENTER conference to a Host Organization who is responsible for the organization and hosting of the conference.
DATES: ENTER Conference usually takes place at the end of January, and is held over a period of three days (Wednesday, Thursday and Friday). A PhD workshop and local eTourism day take place on Tuesday – prior to the main conference.
LOCATION: Conference Centre / Conference Hotel / Educational establishment
PARTICIPATION: 300/400 attendees: 60% academics and 40% tourism industry and destinations representatives
CONFERENCE FEES: Subject to negotiation
– identifies a Host Organization and monitors preparation stages
– creates scientific content of the programme
– provides scientific secretariat
– provides invitations and briefings with conference speakers
– prepares calls for papers for the Research, Industry and Destination tracks and the PhD workshop
– selects through peer-review process academic papers and publishes them in the ENTER proceeding (ranked among top tourism publications by Google Scholar) published by Springer
– establishes a comprehensive and dedicated web site to promote ENTER2018 on www.enter2018.org – payable by Conference Host
– communicates extensively the event though all its communication channels
Host Organization gains
– reputation and exposure as a cutting edge destination
– expertise on eTourism from global experts
– revenue share from the registration fees
– delegate fees from local national day
– revenue share from the sponsorship income
– exhibition income
– IFITT Membership for two years subsequent to the conference
– listing on IFITT website as IFITT sponsor
Host Organization responsibilities
– identifies and books the conference venue
– manages online registration of delegates, which should include full credit card processing
– accommodation: host organization may like to establish preferential rates at a range of accommodation establishments in the area
– prints final conference programme
– prepares Delegate Bag
– provides free wi-fi connection to attendees
– organizes two evening/social events – welcome reception on Wednesday and a dinner/party on Thursday night
– prepares coffees breaks and lunches, which are included in the price of the registration
– provides an office for the IFITT-ENTER committee equipped with internet access, phone and printer
– provides IFITT with two free exhibition spaces (one for IFITT and one for the next ENTER conference host)
– provides one speakers preparation office
– informs the local and national press, in addition to the press releases sent out by IFITT
– organizes the national day in collaboration with IFITT
Host Organization Payments
– pays for conference venue with one large room for 300 people + 6 parallels rooms for up to 100 people
– shares revenue with IFITT from delegates registrations and from the contribution of sponsors
– pays the publisher towards the cost of the Proceedings and their transportation. Payable to Springer in November prior to conference
– provides IFITT with up to 75 free registrations and up to 60 room nights
– covers travel costs for 3 ENTER/IFITT board members for a site inspection before the conference
– pays IFITT a fee of 3000 euro as a contribution for marketing, organizational and programme matters.
In order to bid, please, send a document in a digital format (word/pdf) to firstname.lastname@example.org (attention prof. Lorenzo Cantoni, IFITT President).
The document should indicate:
– motivation of your institution to host ENTER conference
– proposed hosting time period
– presentation of the institution, conference rooms and catering facilities
– presentation of the destination (including transportation, accommodation and touristic attractions)
– details for welcome reception and conference dinner
– local organizing committee.