Why an IFITT Master Class?
Tourism and information technologies are two of the largest and most dynamic industries in the world and they are changing the way societies operate. Since 20 years, the International Federation for Information Technologies and Tourism (IFITT) is developing and exchanging cutting-edge knowledge about the use and impact of new information & communication technologies in the various travel & tourism industries.
Click here to download the full program of the IFITT Master Class
At the intersection of these fascinating domains, the European IFITT Masterclass on eTourism (EIFMeT) is complementing higher education programs in the broad fields of Tourism studies, computer sciences, media and communication technologies, by offering master students an attractive compulsory optional subject.
In the course of a one-week blocked class, cutting edge researchers and scholars in the field of eTourism will share their knowledge on both the state-of-the art and advanced e-Tourism topics and innovative technology applications.
In 7 Points:
- Specialized topics of e-Tourism are taught in the form of an interdisciplinary one-week block, offering, both, lectures, lab-based workshops, and seminar-based discussions
- After course completion, participants receive a special IFITT-EIFMeT certificate
- The EIFMeT is calculated with 3 Credits (3 ECTS), which master students can typically apply at their universities for internal approval to their curriculum
- Every day a special topic and lecturer with an input on his/her current research and workshop
- Friday: Visiting tour to Berlin´s StartUp and Companies
- Every University can send students (Master)
- Funding: DAAD/Erasmus/ own Funding University…
Course Dates: 17-21 September, 2018 at University Eberswalde/Berlin/Germany
15 February – 15 April 2018
Send an eMail to EIFMeT2018@ifitt.org
SUBJECT: REGISTRATION EIFMeT
You will receive a confirmation and a detailed description from every session day with literature for your preparation.
- Enrolled students & IFITT Members: FREE
- Alumnis (without IFITT Membership): 30€/week
- Corporates: 150€/week
In the next weeks we will update the accommodation information here – there will be a special place in Eberswalde for the MasterClass participants.